Strive to follow every day for better diabetes management!
Senior editor of diaTribe, Adam Brown, who has type 1 diabetes, recently shared the 10 Diabetes Diet Commandments that he strive to follow every day.
These eating strategies helps to keep your blood sugars in range, keep weight stable, give plenty of energy. It’s also transportable to different eating environments, and fit within your budget.
But since commandments can feel somewhat idealistic and theoretical, this article lists the actual foods I eat at different meals. So, Adam said, he hope his approach has some universal themes that everyone can benefit from, including a heavy emphasis on vegetables, healthy fats, homemade foods, and eliminating processed foods as much as possible.
10 Diet Commandments
- Try to limit carbohydrates to no more than 30 grams in one sitting.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Choose whole foods as often as possible. less than five ingredients is ideal.
- Cook my own food.
- Avoid sugar, white bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, crackers, chips, candy, and anything fried.
- Snack on nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, and lean sources of protein.
- Drink water or unsweetened tea.
- Eat a filling breakfast (protein, fiber) and ideally nothing within 90 minutes of bedtime.
- Eat fruit for dessert, when desired.
- Check blood sugar 90-120 minutes after eating or wear CGM.
You should check the Full Article about 10 Diabetes Diet Commandments … HERE