Incorporate sweet potatoes into your diabetic diet.
Sweet potatoes come from the same order like regular potatoes, but in fact they do belong in different family and species.
Many people are calling it a unique potato with many different colors, look alike yams and has great nutritional values. The most common sweet potato is the one with yellow-orange or white/cream flesh.
The sweetness of sweet potato comes from beta-carotene. It is used by our body for generation of vitamin A, which is why it is referred to as Provitamin A. If you have the chance to buy purple-fleshed sweet potatoes, you should get them at the same moment because they are a great source of antioxidants.
Here are the 15 reasons why you should buy sweet potato as a diabetics.
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent choice for diabetics since they contain natural sugars that decrease and stabilize the insulin resistance in diabetics. They are also good for the regulation of the sugar levels.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in dietary fibers which are good for digestion. They also prevent colon cancer and help with constipation.
- Sweet potatoes contain carotenoids which help in producing Vitamin A. This vitamin regenerates the respiratory system. So, people with respiratory problems, especially smokers should consume sweet potatoes more often.
- Vitamin D is also contained in sweet potatoes. This vitamin is good for the teeth, heart, skin, bones, energy levels as well as for the normal function of the thyroid gland.
- In general there can be an improvement of the heart functioning with the help of the potassium. This vitamin lowers the impact of the sodium, regulates blood pressure and makes a balance of the electrolytes.
- Healthy tissues and muscles
- Beta –carotene
- Rich in folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Rich in iron
- Treating your skin
- Pre-menstrual symptoms
- Damaged hair and dandruff
- Abundance of the vitamins
Image source : dailynutritionnews.com
You should check the Full Article about 15 Reasons to Eat Sweet Potatoes for Diabetics … HERE