Green bean recipes for a variety of easy ways
This side-dish offers a perfect combo for diabetics. Green beans are good sources of fiber and vitamin C, are full of a natural antioxidant.
These healthy and delicious green bean recipes are easy to prepare. Green beans dressed with cranberry and hazelnut is the perfect side dish for big festive get-togethers.
To preserve their fresh flavor and texture, blanch the beans, immerse them in ice water to set their color, then saute briefly.
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts
- 12 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the skins begin to split, turning once.
- Transfer toasted nuts to a colander or dish, and rub briskly with a towel to remove the skins. Coarsely chop nuts.
- Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Pat beans dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries and hazelnuts; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
You should check the Full Article about Green Beans with Dried Cranberries and Hazelnuts … HERE