Granola is a great balance of carbs and protein.
Granola despite healthy image, granola bought in some stores is so loaded with fat and calories.
So, you’ll have some on hand for healthy homemade granola.
These homemade granola will be a great pre-or post-workout snack with a great balance of carbohydrate and protein.
Serve with low-fat yogurt and fat-free fruit for a delicious breakfast.
Here are some of our favorite recipes!
- 1 cup unsalted chopped cashews
- 1 cup unsalted raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup unsalted chopped pecans
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Coat with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cashews, pumpkin seeds, pecans, sunflower seeds and oats. Set aside.
- In the microwave, melt peanut butter, oil, and Splenda Brown Sugar together. Stir to combine.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread granola in a packed, single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Break up granola and store in an air-tight container.
Image source : Flickr by tracy benjamin
You should check the Full Article about Homemade Power Granola … HERE