This recipe is low in calories, low in sodium.
Can you really make a lightened chicken-fried steak?
These fast and easy recipes are wonderful lightened up version of real comfort food. This lightened up version is now a family favorite.
The pan-fried, crispy cube steak is low in calories, low in sodium. Yet delicious, and faithful to the original.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound cube steak, cut into 4 portions
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
Image source : EatingWell
You should check the Full Article about Lightened Chicken-Fried Steak & Gravy Recipes … HERE